The outstanding athletic facilities at Harvey offer our student-athletes a competitive edge. Many of the fields have been upgraded in the past three years and plans are in place to continue this effort. The athletic center houses three basketball/volleyball courts, the fitness center, the trainer’s room and locker rooms.
The John G. Davis Tennis Center honors Harvey 1950 alumnus John G. Davis, whose father, Dwight Filley Davis, is credited with establishing the Davis Cup. John G. Davis, who died in 2014, named Harvey in his Charitable Remainder Trust. A majority of those funds went to building the tennis courts.
The tennis courts are situated on the open fields adjacent to the upper campus parking lot on Harvey's 125-acre campus. Harvey offers competitive boys and girls varsity, JV, and middle school tennis teams.
In the Fenstermacher Athletic Center, students, faculty, and staff have the choice of using 10 cutting-edge cardiovascular machines (Cybex Arc Trainers, Cybex Treadmills, Octane XRide Bikes and Expresso Bikes).
Additionally, the room contains a TRX Multimount, medicine balls, barbells and a Precor universal. The room is designed for cardiovascular exercise and light strength and conditioning workouts. The room is open throughout the day and after school for our community to utilize.
We also offer a well-stocked weight room with all of the training equipment our student-athletes need to be in prime condition for their athletic endeavors.